Council of Canadians-Winnipeg Chapter invites Winnipeggers to join in opposition to G20 Agenda!
June 22: PEOPLE’S CARAVAN TO TORONTO
7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Come out to the Front of the Union Station at the corner of Broadway and Main Street where we will meet the People’s Van which is heading east from Vancouver and will participate in the people’s mobilization against the G20 agenda in Toronto. If you wish to join the caravan, (and especially if you have a vehicle) feel free to hop on board! If not, you can still come greet the travelers including a couple of Winnipeggers.
June 25: Come View the SHOUT OUT FOR GLOBAL JUSTICE
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
A live-stream broadcast from Toronto screened LIVE in Winnipeg via rabble.ca, featuring
- Maude Barlow(Council of Canadians)
- Naomi Klein (author, ‘Shock Doctrine’)
- Amy Goodman (Host, Democracy Now)
- Clayton Thomas-Muller (Aboriginal activist, Indigenous Environmental Network)
- and others
- University of Manitoba: Fireside Lounge on the First Floor of University Centre (sponsored by University of Manitoba Students Union)
- University of Winnipeg: Manitoba Board room – Room 2M70 (sponsored by University of Winnipeg Student Association and the Council of Canadians-Winnipeg Chapter)
See Council of Canadians-Winnipeg Chapter website for details.
For more background on concerns with this summit here is a FACT SHEET: Shout Out for Global Justice! Confronting the G8 and G20, June 2010.