The Eyes on Sudan Conference: Working for Peace is an initiative by the Sudanese-Canadian students, community members and academics at the University of Winnipeg. Our group is advocating for peace in Sudan, our eyes are on all corners of Sudan where human suffering has become a daily order in the East, West, South and North.
We are composed of individuals from all marginalized communities in Sudan, university professors, peace activists, international organizations and faith groups. We have initiated this event in order to remind the international community and signatories of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) about their commitment.
Eyes on Sudan would like to remind and ask the Government of Canada to continue its peaceful role globally. The survival of the CPA depends largely on the implementation of all the CPA clauses. The Eyes on Sudan initiative is a way to create awareness by bringing together the Sudanese Diasporas, Canadian public, Government of Canada, politicians and students.
- 12 Noon: Participate in Winnipeg Walk for Peace with Peace Alliance Winnipeg (Meet at Legislature)
- 1:30 p.m.: Program at Convocation Hall, University of Winnipeg
- 5:30 p.m.: Sudanese supper with entertainment
- Dr. Mom Kou (Professor of African Politics at the Univerisity of Khartoum in Sudan)
- Dr. Ahmed Hamid (current Darfur Peace negotiator)
- Mr. Douglas Proudfoot (Director, Sudan Task Force, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade)
- Mr. John Siebert (Executive Director of Project Ploughshares)
- Mennonite Central Committee
- University of Winnipeg Global College
- Canadian Mennonite University Institute for Community Peacebuilding
- Menno Simons College
- St. Matthew’s Anglican Church
For more information, contact
- Dean Peachey email@example.com
- Reuben Garang (204) 998-5971, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noureddin Suleiman (204) 947-1139, email@example.com
Help promote this conference by downloading and circulating this poster.